Equestrian sports and racing can put a significant strain on horses’ legs, joints, tendons and ligaments. Joint wear and tear can compromise freedom of movement, flexibility and willingness whilst increasing the risk of injury and soundness issues.
Redi-Flex has over 10 active ingredients which all have roles in joint health and function. In contrast to other joint supplements, Redi-Flex has increased synergy with nutrients targeting the entire joint structure, synovial fluid, tendons and ligaments for proven benefits in all types of horses.
Kohnke’s Own takes the safety, efficacy, ultimate results and palatability of their supplements very seriously! Redi-Flex had over 2 years of extensive research field trials showing excellent outcomes and feedback in helping to improve joint health and function in horses of all ages, diets and exercise levels.
Which Horses Benefit?
- Horses in all work and competition levels to maintain willingness of movement
- Young horses in joint concussive sports experiencing joint wear and tear
- Pleasure riding horses and senior horses as a premium supplement to help maintain joint health
- As a supportive supplement for horses with arthritic changes, stiffness or joint concerns
- Retired and senior horses to enable comfortable paddock movement for optimum health and wellbeing
Redi-Flex is a concentrated and comprehensive joint supplement with high potency joint active nutrients to help protect, maintain and repair joint and cartilage structures. These premium-sourced nutrients have multiple actions to benefit total joint health and function.
- Concentrated glucosamine as the more stable glucosamine hydrochloride
- Vitamin C (as a high potency, stabilised form)
- MSM (organic sulfur) as a high purity form
- Natural high potency vitamin E
- Organic chelated forms of copper, zinc and manganese
- Amino acids helpful to collagen and cartilage protein matrix components
- Natural silicon compounds and other synergistic nutrients.
Each scoopful of Redi-Flex provides 40 grams.
The initial supplementation rate for horses for 60 -90 days (continue as required) is 40 grams daily. Maintenance is 20 gram daily in the feed (wet or dry).
Most horses will benefit in the long term on the maintenance rate, although horses in highly concussive sports, or those with severe joint deterioration, may find the most benefit by continuing the initial rate over a longer period during regular training and competition.
For ponies, initial supplementation is 20 grams daily for 60-90 days, with a daily maintenance rate of 10 grams.
- Does not contain chondroitin, as this large and complex molecule is broken down during digestion and is not effective either alone or combined with glucosamine. Our own double-blind studies on aging racehorses conclusively proved that, as found in human studies, chondroitin did not have any beneficial action in improving joint function or health.
- Redi-Flex has a palatable banana flavour and is a sticky powder which adheres well to feed to reduce sift-out or dust.
- Redi-Flex does not contain any banned substances and does not swab.