HUMIDIMIX is a specially formulated supplement that contains high levels of potassium, chloride and magnesium to encourage drinking and help with:
- Replacing essential electrolytes
- Horses recovering from sweat loss due to heat, humidity and intense or prolonged exercise.
The powdered supplement can be added to feed or given in water.
- High performance horses doing moderate speed work over extended periods (e.g. harness, racing, endurance, eventing, dressage, stock work)
- Heavy sweaters
- Horses working in hot and humid conditions
- Horse prone to ‘tying up’ or ‘anhidrosis’ (dry coat or non-sweating disease)
WHY CHOOSE HUMIDIMIX?
- Higher levels of potassium – To avoid decreases in muscle strength and tone.
- Higher levels of chloride – To help avoid blood alkalosis (hypochloraemic alkalosis), which causes issues such as loss in racing performance, uncharacteristic nervy behaviour and increased risk of tying up.
- Higher levels of magnesium – To maintain metabolism and musculoskeletal soundness.
- Ideal balance of electrolytes - HUMIDIMIX replaces electrolytes in proportion to those lost in heavy sweating for immediate correction and performance.
- Encourages drinking through versatile dosing without the fillers (e.g. sugar, lactose or table salt).
Contains per 45 g dose:
- Ammonium 1.5 g
- Calcium 1.8 g
- Carbonate 2.7 g
- Chloride 19.7 g
- Magnesium 414 mg
- Potassium 9.4 g
- Sodium 5.3 g
- Sulphate 1.6 g
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
45 g Daily Dose - provided as 22.5 g in morning and 22.5 g in evening feed. Can be mixed in drinking water at a rate of 45 g / 25 L water or given as a saline drench at 90 g / 4 L water. Increase dose as required to treat (hypochloraemic) alkalosis.
- Ensure an adequate supply of clean drinking water is available when supplementing with electrolytes
- Do not combine with other daily electrolyte supplements such as STRESSALYTE®
- May be beneficial to use in conjunction with RECHARGE® or NEUTRADEX®
Store below 30˚C (Room temperature) in a dry place. Reseal container after use.
- 2.5 kg Bucket: Provides 55 doses for an average horse.*
- 5 kg Bucket: Provides 111 doses for an average horse.*